ALL I'VE GOT

From the places I have been, I will return
From the things only we know, I will tell them
From the feelings we sensed deep down inside, I will let surface
From the things we have let slide, I will blow the whistle on
From those difficult times that we do not let affect us, I will let it affect me
In those moments that were little, I will acknowledge it's importance
In those moments that we felt small, I will make significant
From those moments that were taken, I will take from
From those moments that have happened, I will make happen
In all the moments, even as they come and go in the fleeting seconds, I will capture them with my net
In all the moments, even the ones that have died in the jar, I will pay my respects
If it has gone through me to feel it once, it can go through me again and onto the page.
Because all of this remains whether I live it all the time or not.
Because all I know is this time I've got to write!
...and this is all I've got.

November 23, 2012 4:22am © Kayla Napua Kong

No comments: