The Thought and The Heart

It's not just the present,
it's having the present in the present,
it's what you did to get it and what it means to have it before my very eyes
(right now)
what it means to want when there was no means
and then to receive when I didn't expect to
--and from you, you and you--
that's what makes it more than a present but a true gift!

At times like this,
when things aren't glowing as brightly as we are
and all around us looks the same,
when we seem to be in the same place as we were yesterday,
your gift has done things that I would have never known.
It is something I did not expect.
The action of you doing something different
and, of all times, right now,
has changed the repetition of the past
(a past in which our world did not turn and time did not pass)
what you have done has moved me
(we once were invisible beings)
now you have touched me...







within my tears that are like the sea

~the thought and the heart~

I will never forget.



Love,
Kayla ♡



© December 25th, 2012 Kayla Napua Kong

No comments: