little thumbnail


I have to admit

I forgot about you

I think of you so often

everyday since you've been gone

but I know I forgot about you

or maybe I just haven't been thinking about you for a few hours or minutes...

or maybe I had just forgotten that time

that little moment in time

do you remember that one time?...

anyways...

I was signing in to some old accounts

and checking if I could delete them now

since they're so old

and I haven't used them in so long

they were just floating around

out there in cyberspace...

I signed in to an old account that I hadn't signed in to in ages...

I used to use that account to store some pictures

and I know I forgot about this

because when I went in to check

to check what I used to use this account for

I seen a little tiny square

a little thumbnail

and my heart sank because it was a thumbnail...

of you--

sepia bunny by KNK-INK2



and I know I had forgotten...

because, if I hadn't, my heart wouldn't have felt the pang

it wouldn't have felt the difference of feeling normal

to suddenly feeling sad

a little heart feeling...

it wouldn't have felt the reminder

that even though my life somehow feels almost the same

it is not

because I just remembered

because for a few minutes I had forgotten

that you are gone.


Kayla Napua Kong © October 21, 2012 3:38am
(little edits done on December 1, 2012 Sat.)

No comments: